20 September, 2006

A little more about.. ME!

yup! we discover new things every day, n today, i discovered a little more about.. ME! ^^
as proclaimed EONS ago, i'm a man of MANY fears. yup!
scared cockroach, lizard, heights, small spaces, dark, supernatural... many many things =p
it's amazing how i maintain my sanity! then it dawned on me, today omw to school. -lightbulb pops up!-
was crossing the overhead bridge from buona vista mrt, n i was looking over at the canal below. naturally, the fear of falling whelmed up in me. but... nothing happened, n i looked away n walked on.
i had a strong urge to squat down n cower away from the sides in fear, n let myself be overwhelmed by the nauseatic spells fear'll send me, but i didn't. n the reason?
Society n rationality. 1stly, my rational mind tells me that i have no reason to fear. so it's not that i've "overcome" my fears (as a child i did cower away from railings of shopping centres haha. but i still go near them again once fear subsides =p i'm a stupid child =p), instead, as my mind develops a system of rationality n logical thinking, i'm able to "argue" against my fears n quell them. hence, i walked on.
society coz.. as an individual living in a society, we indoctrinate values society imposes on us, n we conform to them. it's not normal for pple to FEAR walking across an overhead bridge, now is it? hence be it for "face", or the fact that homosapiens r social creatures, that's the 2nd reason y i didn't cower..
heh.. society crap.. mayb i should try a sociology module. lol bish...
opps.. gotta fly... frenz r here. kaori's sitting across me. how to ignore? pretty girl leh.. haha. laters guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home