09 October, 2006

IPPT passed!

yeah.. took awhile for me to get this good news blogged, but here it is!
i retook my IPPT on sat morn, 7th oct 2006.
the test started the same way it did in sept, only that this time i was feeling fresher, n the air was hazier.. WAY MUCH hazier =p
Shuttle run was 1st. cleared it 1st time w my trusty new balance: 9.6s. 5pt.
next was Sit up. cleared it easily too. paced myself quite well this time: 40. 5pt.
this time, standing broad jump was amazing. for once, i set a target. it was a notch above my usual 243. i aimed for 250cm. i prepped myself, n did a classic "ambrose no swing jump" ie. no bouncing up n down n arms swinging on the spot. i just let fly. n guess what? my personal best: 250cm. i never fail to amaze myself ^^ 250cm. 5pt.
Chin up was a killer. still is. but this time, i decided to pace myself n call it quits at 8. saved some energy for the killer 2.4km later =p 8. 3pt.
so it was down to the 2.4km. i tried to do the pacing i did back in seletar camp days in NS. TRIED was the key word. it's hard to up the tempo when yur circuit is a 3lap thing instead of seletar's 2lap-loop, but i tried newayz. 11.47min. 2pt.
i passed. ^^ but... 2.4km timing below 11.40, n i'd have gotten silver. my lungs were burning after that 2.4km tho. newayz i've booked tues for a retry. i don't believe i can't snatch a silver on the day my window closes. at most, i'd have gotten a silver for my next window ^^

aside from IPPT, i've decided to commit myself to afew things. one of them being church. i'd like to see myself more in CMC, n hopefully strengthen my relationship w God. also i'd like to thank all my frenz who've supported or helped me thus far. which is.. urm.. all of u ^^ nothing to worry, ambrose is never a guy in trouble, coz ambrose will always find a way out of everything ^^
but i've quit wow.. at least for the time being. there's some things in life which r more dear *gasp* yeah.. so i've gotta focus on those things 1st.

zemana's coming to sg next thurs!! i'm sooo excited to meet her! i must prepare lots of tissue for the day we meet. i have alot of drool to clean up =p ROFL ^^ newayz muz find a free day for us guys to meet up. probably next wk, since i have a test on fri, n zem has her cousin's? wedding to attend to on sat. besides, that's when focusspa will be yeah? ^^ hmm.. nxt tues? that way raiders like mcc can still find time ^^ n hopefully jem can book out in time =) wuu.. n we could always call scare! ^^

ah well.. so many things to do, so little time. i've gtg. chat up w all of u soon!!
if u're reading this, know that i love u unconditionally already, just the way u r. so drop me a sms to share w me your love! urm.. i meant that sentence to ANYONE reading this post. I LOVE PPLE!! ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home