03 October, 2008

The world as we know it

You guys have heard the song "Handlebars" by Flobots. If you guys didn't catch the meaning the 1st time round, listen carefully. I didn't catch any meaning at all till I decided to dig deeper. But you have to sense that this is a song with a message. And indeed it is.


This is a video response, awesomely done, on Flobots original version of Handlebars. It's a little different from the one they recorded with Universal Republic Records, which is also the one you're hearing on air nowadays and the one I have on my blog. This should explain the lyrics clear as day.


This is their music vid done with Universal Republic Records. Awesome. Pictures truly speak a thousand words.

A summary. This song is anti-government. It shouts out against the concentration of power gathered at the hands of a few. And what might befall all of us should those few go astray, or grow too big to keep in check. We are but a few, but together, we are many. I am not anti-government, but I feel people should understand this song more. It's sad when people put down this song as utter gibberish and totally meaningless when it's not. Here's to all you people out there. Listen and learn. Wake up from your hypnosis. The time is now.

Interesting point to note. Universal Republic Records' vid is not allowed to air in Singapore. www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuK2A1ZqoWs click this link and you'll understand. It's only this link, as all the others work at the moment. I found it strange. Could it be an issue of copyright? Or something more sinister? hmm... I wonder.

====================================

About friends. Have you ever heard a song and thought "Hey.. reminds me of XYZ.." ?
well, I have. And I'll list two that I can think of this very moment.
"Starlight" - Muse : Edwin Seah
"Sexy Back" - Justin Timberlake : Mark Cheong

F I N

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home