27 September, 2008

F1

F1's 1st night street race.
Singapore's 1st night street race.
blah blah blah.
You'd think we'd suffer from overexposure n be bored by the time it actually starts.
I'm not a hardcore fan, but I've enjoyed watching the odd races, and following the leaderboards, both constructor n driver.
But to actually HEAR the engines ROARING through the gears down the straight, LIVE.. priceless.
Last night, I was at bugis to pick my sis up from tuition before heading home. It was there that I heard them. One after another, shifting through the gears, mini-jet planes roaring down the street. To say I was excited is an understatement. I was ecstatic!
Tonight, I'll be at Orchard for dinner. No prizes for guessing where I'll be headed after that ;)
Did I also mention that my dad has a all-access pass for the race? He's not a fan though :( He's just there to do his job. Man.. if only we could swap places LOL

p.s. Not wanting to be branded as a mindless guy following the crowd, but I really like the Ferrari team, and that's who I normally look out for on the leaderboards. Needless to say, the driver I support is also from Ferrari. He's not Massa though. He's last year's champion, Raikkonen. Guy to look out for? Sebastian Bourdais. The only driver with specs. Girls, aside from his cute looks, he's also a good driver (imho). A pity his car flopped on him in the Italy Grand Prix, else we'll be hearing more from him. Instead, it was his teammate and the driver in pole position who stole the limelight, Sebastian Vettel. No resentment though. That guy drove a faultless race.
p.p.s. Why don't I support Hamilton? It's not that he's a bad driver. I respect him for his driving skills, aggressive though they may be. Respect, though earned through exhibition of skill, takes more than just talent to be retained. I'm afraid Hamilton's character needs more refining if he's to earn back the respect he's lost from me. Arrogance is not a character most welcomed by most people. That said, he's pushing for the title, and it'll be sad if he gets pipped to it by Massa. Raikkonen, for all my support, is a shade of his former self. Ever the cool driver, calm in any situation, but lacking that winner's touch this season. Would love to see him in the red colour of Ferrari next season though. I do hope to see more of him ;)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i m seeing it now. massar is now the last few rank. haiz. stupid mistake. this mistake cost massar dearly.

28/9/08 8:52 PM  
Blogger DaDeGea said...

:( i didn't watch it.. was teaching tuition. i caught the highlights tho. yeah silly mistake by Ferrari team. Alonso won. haiz.. ok lah, at least not Hamilton ha ;p

28/9/08 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home