02 September, 2008

Virus

My laptop kena virus. Sent it to IT Co-op to reformat. Gonna collect it tomorrow.
All software have to reinstall. Everything WIPED.
It was a trojan horse that kept spamming anti-virus/anti-spyware advertisements and locking down a majority of OS functions like "task manager", "safe mode" (comp crashes when you attempt to start up in safe mode), and others.
The link below is an article on a variation of the trojan horse which infected my laptop.
Either I waited too long to launch task manager, or mine is a more deadly variant of the mentioned trojan, because alot of my functions were locked down.
I read somewhere that System Restore might be able to rollback and prevent a dangerous spread of the trojan horse, isolating it for further treatment by your anti-virus software, but I'm unable to retrieve the link :( I could not get my System Restore to run either...
http://www.f-secure.com/sw-desc/rogue_w32_xpantivirus.shtml

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this virus/trojan is really bad.. looks like microsoft wordings lah.. so ur laptop stable already?

6/9/08 7:14 PM  
Blogger DaDeGea said...

yup stable.
sent my laptop to the service centre. they helped me reformat my C drive, so everything back to normal.
but i lost everything that i had in my C drive. =P

8/9/08 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good good.. all ur games wiped out! wahahhha.

8/9/08 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yalor, u n ur games!wahahahaha,have a papaya la!!! it solves ur problems.

8/9/08 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop playing cabal!! play maple!! wahahhaahahahaha

14/9/08 5:52 AM  
Blogger DaDeGea said...

eee.... dun want... =p

15/9/08 12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maple sounds nice. like maple syrup. maybe i shud start a game called dentist or wat. let pple have some fun being a horrible dentist themselves.must have a cute assistant one.

16/9/08 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe.. that sounds interesting!! then you can find all sorts of ways the patient will refuse treatment from you.. the head keep turning, and we'll have to use the mouse to aim properly, hahahha.. gogo.. invent one leh.. u make I play.

17/9/08 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home