15 October, 2008

Addicted to drifting

I'm getting the hang of driving fast. I've gotten used to gliding around corners. Gotten my kicks tailgating on the expressway. I'm dangerous. I've been bad.

Practise spots:
1) NUS Carpark 15. when entering from opposite law link, the left turn will take you to a curved "U-turn". A gradual turn at 30km/h, because of the downslope, it's hard to go any faster than that without finding your things flying about in the car. With drift, you can smoothly glide past this curve at >50km/h. i've tried entering this at about 40+km/h. will try pushing 50 one day... and hope that i'm alert enough to not cause any harm to anybody ha!
2) Brickland road. Coming from Bukit Gombak. At the first bend, you can take it with no brake no acceleration at 80-90km/h with little difficulty. tried and tested today at 100-110km/h. with drift. nearly kena curb rofl! i turned too much =p but quite smooth. will not try again with cars beside me like today. too dangerous haha.
3) Choa Chu Kang Ave 3/5. Turning into my house. Standard 60km/h attempted drift. ditto in carpark at 40km/h (because of humps)
4) Multi-story Carpark. Today I cleared the entry to the ramp going down by drifting in at 40km/h. barely passed the near concrete barrier haha. very excited because this one can really feel the drift. too bad the ramp is very steep. cannot control if i continue drift down ramp haha. so i straighten out and brake normally to turn out NORMALLY from the ramp haha. now I understand how it feels to be a Drift King (DK) in Fast n' Furious: Tokyo Drift hahaa ;p

Now I really feel like testing my drifting skills. Find me a empty place where I can test out skills haha! too bad Singapore haven't constructed a race circuit. Else I'll use it to test my drifting skills HAHA ;p

p.s. drift not like initial D drift. mine only for split second at the beginning, to create a abrubt shift in direction. that allows me to use the G-force normally exerted on the bodies within the car to counter balance the shift in the car to produce a smoother ride around a bend.
p.p.s. I don't drive fast nor drift when I have passengers in the car (with one or two incidents as exceptions). Even if you wanna sit in, I won't let you. It's against my social conscience and responsibility to put anyone's lives at risk except mine. HAHA... so hypocrite right?? If you beg me, then maybe....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but be careful on the road!

if you think it's dangerous for any passenger who sits in your car as you're playing with your stunts, what makes you think it's not dangerous enough for you?

If you're looking for some way to gain some sense of achievement from driving, I suggest you practise on making your starting and stopping smooth.. most drivers tend to jerk their car when they start/stop..

I'll probably look for you when I feel like dying and am looking for some thrills, but please make sure that in case of any accident, I really DIE. At most, there's just gonna be another round of "we must treasure our life" feeling going around...plus a little bit of sadness from those few who love/remember me, and some car repair services to deal with if the car bangs into i-dunno-what..

Coz if I dun die, and be paralysed or crippled with some ugly scars hanging around, lying in the hospital spending my family's money, it's gonna be even more agonizing..

think of those who love you, your family etc.. how'd they react if they knew you've been playing with your life like that?!

15/10/08 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha.
That was funny, my sister's like you.
You can try the carpark outside the national stadium if that's still open. And one of the roads leading to Chomp Chomp is long and straight. If you are close to someone who owns a Mercedes Benz you can try to convince them to let you join the Merc driving course on their account. My sister joined and did some double spin thingy... I don't know what it's called but I saw the video. It was awesome. and it's safe and they supply you with a nice SLK/CLK to go trash.

but be careful ok?

15/10/08 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey juz be careful on the road. There is nothing more important than your life. Dun be addicted to the thrill that you get in doing the stunts. My fren juz got into a car accident so yup. Take care.

18/10/08 11:51 AM  
Blogger DaDeGea said...

thanks for all your care and concern. no worries, i'm a master of "safe and smooth" driving rofl =,='"
i haven't truly drifted yet, at least not in the definition that most people agree on. i'm just experimenting the limits and physics of driving, with minimal risk as possible to all.
sure some of the stuff i describe may sound a tad dangerous, but i'll never do anything i'm sure i don't have control off. which probably explains why i haven't drifted truly yet haha.
thanks lula for your suggestion! i've never heard of that b4 haha. i'll probably have to check it out someday =D too bad i'm not close to any mercedes owners =p

18/10/08 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home