06 November, 2007

Intelligence vs Innovation

I'm not a creator. I am incapable of innovation.
There's a tendency for people to confuse these concepts. "You must be smart. Quick-witted. Creative. Use your brain!"
Intelligence is the ability to assimilate information. To digest and analyse competently and effectively.
Innovation is the act sparked by creativity. Intelligence is not a factor of creativity. In fact, the contrary has been observed too. How often have you heard of "creative geniuses" who flunk maths? they may fail at analysis, but it doesn't mean they cannot create.
Unfortunately, I've been called smart by many/some/few (varies with a person's definition of the mentioned quatifiers). I don't "feel" smart, but I have to admit I do have a respectable degree of intelligence. But.. that's about it. just intelligence. All I'm good at is being a sponge, to "soak up" ideas and duplicate and apply them. And even then I'm not as competent as many others in the world.

I missed KRMF2007. Linked is the transcript of PM Lee Hsien Loong's speech.
KRMF2005. MM Lee Kuan Yew. Also see here.

Going nuclear. The energy resource of the new millenia, or the beginning of humanity's impending doom? I'm confused. What I do know is, however hard it may be, nuclear disarmament should be the direction global leaders should be taking. (trust me, it IS hard.)
Nuclear Disarmament Party (AU).
The truth (?) about Reliable Replacement Warheads (RRW).

human nature dictates self-interest and self-preservation before others. bearing this in mind, review the world as it is now, and see the sorry state we're in. enjoy the grim future.

Ambrose (Amroui)
Lord of Destruction, Harbringer of Doom.

p.s. reply to a fellow blogger's post: you don't need photos to be interesting.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home