19 April, 2009

Drift and the Rain

On my way home today, drove quite fast. West side drizzling, road was wet. Car was wobbly. Mayb I wasn't in the right frame of mind. I took the corner from Brickland Road into CCK ave3 @ 60-100kmph (not sure of speed. I started braking from 100kmph, but only turned into corner a little later). I don't know why, but I didn't release my brake at all. My tires locked up, and I skidded like mad. Luckily at 40kmph, just before bumping the traffic light, I released the brakes abit, and car snapped out of the skid. I applied a little acceleration and managed to crawl to the next traffic light.
Zzz.. my thought process just froze. didn't react at all. I'm disappointed with myself. Luckily nothing happened. Twisted my wrist abit too holding the steering wheel in a very awkward position through that turn.
Bowled at Mt Faber SAFRA before this. out of 6 games, had two 20X games. one 200, one 202. I'm happy :) It's been quite awhile since I got scores like that. But, my release is super inconsistent with my new drilling. Need more practise.
Rain. When travelling at 100+kmph and hitting a puddle of water, the effect of water resistence is felt alot more. Must remember that. Was travelling along Jurong Town Hall road. Just past the Science Centre omw to Bt Batok Rd le when I hit a big puddle while travelling on the right most lane. The puddle slows the speed of the right side of my car relative to the left, causing my car to veer towards the right. Almost went up the curb wor haha. Lucky I reacted to that in time.
Don't know why I didn't travel slower. Mayb coz I wanted to get home faster. But I think it's coz.. I juz felt everything was going so slow. 90-110kmph felt.. normal =,='"

Sleep,
Ambrose

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

omg be a safer driver!!

19/4/09 5:03 PM  
Blogger DaDeGea said...

haha w pple in the car i quite safe de. most of the time HAHA =,='"
fwah, but once u travel at those kinda speed before, everything else feels slow... soooo slow... =p

20/4/09 2:57 AM  
Anonymous haiyo..so accident-prone said...

boo! u u u u !! always so shocking with ur (dad's) car. if i ever become a traffic police, i'm going to stalk your car! sure get enough quota of speeding cars. ha.

ps/ to all pedestrians: look out for the white car that may come skidding at you. =P

20/4/09 4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home